Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Euro News ‘n’ my Mail box

September 26, 2006

What I enjoyed most doing today:

The best thing I like about a cloudy, chilling morning with blows of cold breeze coming into the room intermittently from a slightly opened bedroom window is sleeping under a cozy quilt in my comfortable bed! And, what is the worst thing? Obviously, it’s being pulled out of the bed as early as 0630 and being asked to get ready for a gym session! A great mind has truly said that life is not at all about charms but the difficulties one face. The difficulties of doing a tough gym session after a beautiful sleep, perhaps!

The good thing about this gym (Passage Fitness) I goto, is that they have around 8-10 TV sets which one can watch while working out on one’s body. Though, there are very few English channels but I came across this channel “Euro News”, which then became the perfect match for my “moon walker”. It presents news related to Europe (mainly), as the name suggests, and is precise to the point. Doing exercise is no longer boring and time consuming. With Euro news on the TV, and working out on “moon walker”, I am burning 400 calories every day. So the best thing of the day was this channel that had made my exercise virtually effortless.

What I didn’t enjoy doing today:

When I switched on my PC in office today, I found that my Microsoft Outlook was not working. This meant that I would not be receiving my mails and would not be able to send any till the problem is resolved. Before I could start bashing Mr. Bill Gates for selling his error prone software to the world junta, like many of my peers, overly undermining the fact that almost all the offices in the world uses the software made by his company and without giving any thought as to why it is the software by choice, I quickly established that it was a problem with the network connection to the mail server and not any problem with the software. Whatever be the reason, eventually I would not be able to use my “outlook”.

It doesn’t seem very bad for ½ hour after which I started becoming impatient. I felt like

  • I have been quarantined from the world and that too for none of my fault.
  • I could still use my phone, I could talk to a person sitting next to me but a mere feeling that I would not be able to mail him, sent shiver through my spine.
  • I felt like I would not be able to do anything! Dude, it’s only 1 software, you have hundred things to do. I know it but I felt like that’s it – my day at work ended before I could start it!

The network problem was solved in the afternoon and the 4 hrs. of the day without being able to use “outlook” was the worst thing that could have happened today.