Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Certification over Mood Swings

Aug 28, 2006 – Monday

What I enjoyed doing today:

Waking up on Monday morning, breaking the inertia of rest gathered during the weekend, is always difficult for me. However today, it was different. Shivani was going to take her certification exam in Java

Now, the exam is conducted online but still you cannot take the exam from your home or from cyber cafe. There are designated centres which conduct exams on bahalf of the organization, who owns the certification. This business idea was quite desruptive and innovative. The idea seems so trivial but still it worked and the organizations like Prometric are flourishing as a result.

She cleared her exam with flying colours and we celebrated in the evening. She was relieved to have this monkey off her back and that now she won’t have to sacrifice her favourite TV shows for studies. Well, we know it’s a short lived joy because we both have to clear 2 more certifications before end of this year….yeah…we work in IT and have to keep pace with changing times….

Did I tell you that I gathered some more brownie points by insisting and then going with her to the test center :)

What I least enjoyed doing today:

Mood swings. I hate this and I assume nobody likes when our mood swings to a “bad mood”. I was sitting with a friend when he stated that he was not feeling usual self and doesn’t knew why it was like. “I am just not in mood to do anything” – he stated.

How could one save himself from bad moods. I feel that it generally happens when something unexpected happens that doesn’t benefit you or doesn’t make you happy. More so, it is something that you were mostly sure that it won’t happen.

“I don’t know the reason of my bad mood” – this is something that I used to say a lot. Well over the time, I felt that it was not true. I knew the reason but I was just not man enough to admit that I could be brooding over such a trivial thing. Once I knew that I had to accept the reason and work upon it to get out of this mood – I found myself rational again. One more thing can also help lifting our mood, which is, speaking to someone who listens or writing whatever you feel in a diary. It helped me, atleast!

Bad mood is something that could ruin your day. I felt it for my friend and know that today, probably, was not a pleasant day for him.